Do you frequently experience hard or lumpy stools? We may have a research study for you!
Researchers are looking to find out if drinking a probiotic beverage will reduce the number and frequency of hard or lumpy stools among people who regularly experience hard or lumpy stools. Probiotics are made of good live bacteria that naturally live in your body or promote a health benefit. Although people often think of bacteria and other microorganisms as harmful “germs,” many are actually helpful. Some bacteria help digest food, help support the immune system, or can improve cognitive function, stress management, and decision-making. Many of the microorganisms in probiotic products are the same as or similar to microorganisms that naturally live in our bodies.
If you are assigned to the active group, you will consume a probiotic beverage daily with breakfast for 28 days. If you are assigned to the control group, you will not consume any study product.
There are no blood draws for this study, however, participants must be willing to download an app to their smartphone to record daily information related to bowel habits and stool characteristics for 8 weeks.
The total study participation is approximately 5 in-clinic visits over 8 weeks.
If qualified, you may be compensated up to $625.00 for completing all study related tasks.
Qualified participants must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 64
- Have at least 3 bowel movements per week and regularly experience hard or lumpy stools
- Be willing to take and submit a photograph of all bowel movements that occur throughout the study
- Be a regular consumer of breakfast
- Have a smartphone with at least iOS version 11.0 (or later) or Android version 5.0 (or later) operating software capable of downloading the Dieta Health app to collect study data